Friday, February 15, 2019

Dream of Life by Gabrielle Wobrock




        The other night I had a very strange dream. I was at my Nana E’s house and Uncle Craig was there too. We went to wake her up and get her dressed for the day. He opened the bedroom window blinds and then went to pick out her clothes. I looked outside and I saw some sort of freeway bridge curving around the backyard. Her house sits on a large hill and it slopes down into the backyard. When I looked down I saw that the whole yard was covered in sand with a tiger sleeping off to one side. On the downstairs deck, there was a large brown bear and wolves pacing in and out of the trees on the right side of the yard. I told Uncle Craig to come look and he couldn’t believe it either. A while later I went out to the driveway to see if I could see anything else. Sure enough there was an entrance to the bridge right next to her house, with one of those really big gravel trucks going really fast to start the curve. Shortly my mom and sister pulled up and asked what was going on. The next dream found me in a high school and I was looking for my old history teacher Ms. Butler and I walked down this long hallway to a large gate that was locked. I saw that it started moving the scrollwork on its own, I got scared and called the guard. He came over and I saw that it was Morgan Freeman and he told me not to be scared of old Ralph. I asked him why and he told me because Ralph was special and would never hurt anyone. He let me through and soon I got to this big open room with all these people in it. I turned around and saw that it was Nana E’s funeral service with her casket at the front of the room. Eventually I found Ms. Butler and told her everything that I was going through and how much I missed her. When the service was over I left with my mom, sister and somehow my geography professor. While we were walking back to the car, I found pinecones scattered on the ground. I picked a couple up and took them with me because Nana E loved pinecones. This is for you Nana E.

Love, 
Gabrielle

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what Freud would have said about this dream, Gabrielle. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to MU Voices

Dorothy Parker once said, "I hate writing. I love having written." For many writers, this is a familiar feeling. Writing is hard....