Friday, February 15, 2019

Love at First Parrot by Anonymous

Love is not something that can be defined.

Love is the first time I saw you huddled all alone in the pet store cage.

Love is the first time you flew to me, embracing your newfound freedom.

Love is the feeling of your feathers brushed against my cheek as you perch on my shoulder, staying right by my side throughout the day.

Love is the laughter you bring me with your funny antics, never failing to bring a smile to my face.

Love is the countless things you've taught me about patience. Love is what you taught me about not giving up.

Love can be anything in someone's life. For me, it's the little parrot that saved mine.

1 comment:

Welcome to MU Voices

Dorothy Parker once said, "I hate writing. I love having written." For many writers, this is a familiar feeling. Writing is hard....